Terms & Conditions
All colours shown on our web site or in catalogues provided are for reference only.
While every effort has been made to match the colours seen, differences in display can make them appear very different! Fabric samples or Wood samples may be available on request, please ask if required.
All items displayed on our website include VAT. Goods may be paid for by secure credit card transaction, by telephone, personal cheque or building society cheque. There are no extra charges for credit card payments. Cheques made payable to "Deans Furnishers Ltd". When paying by cheque goods will be despatched after funds are cleared. Prices are correct at time of publication. Errors and omissions are accepted. When we might be doing a discount promotion, this will be taken off after the shopping basket has been completed and will not be shown on your order until we confirm your purchase.
Delivery Charges (Saturday deliveries at £40 extra)
We have just revised our delivery charges and are happy to confirm that they have now been reduced. These will be added to the total at the following rates
£1 to £99 at £15
£100 plus FREE
Except deliveries to these postcodes:- (Saturday deliveries at £40 extra)
£1 to 1000 = £30 for Postcodes DD, DG, EH, FK, G, KA, KL, KY, ML, PH, SA, TD
£1 to 1000 = £70 for Postcodes AB, IV, KW, LD, LL, PA, PL, SY, TR
£1000 plus = £35 for Postcodes AB, IV, KW, LD, LL, PA, PL, SY, TR
Deliveries within the London congestion zone will incur a £10 surcharge
* Scottish Islands, PRICE ON APPLICATION.
There is of course no charge.
Our normal delivery service is to the UK Mainland. We are also experienced with supplying goods further a field from the continent to the USA. For deliveries outside the UK, please enquire.
Where we deliver into is dependant on the delivery method - Items delivered by carrier are delivered 'to your door' as these type of companies generally use this procedure. Should the unit need to move into an upstairs room, carriers will not be capable of helping you with this. You will need to make your own arrangements for this. With bigger items delivered by our logistics department, e.g an upholstered 2 seater sofa beds, we can usually be more accommodating to have the unit delivered into the room o f your choice. Regarding large delivery items, please be aware of the following restrictions.... Large items do pose delivery personnel with quite a challenge, and naturally they wish to get the job right without any damage to premises or product. Our delivery policy on large items is simply to deliver to your home. Wherever possible, the delivery team will will transport the unit into your chosen room, however please be aware that this is at their discretion, and if in their opinion the staircase is too narrow, the door gap too small, etc, they will not chance damaging your item or your home by forcing the item where it will not fit! In such circumstances it will be your responsibility to manoeuvre the item. On a large number of our sofa beds it is possible to remove the arms to further dismantle the unit - Please note that this is not something that the delivery team are expected to do but we can always offer telephone advise on such instances. We will be happy to discuss your requirements should you have any further questions.
Please Note: It is up to you to check your goods when they are delivered. If you sign for something as being correct i.e. boxed well no dents or indentations in packaging, and then find the product has visible damage after the delivery company has left there will be no possible claim against the carrier or Deans Furnishers Ltd. It is up to you to thoroughly check the product before signing for the goods.
We stock our more popular items, so in this case, delivery would be the next working day Delivery will be arranged by telephone or email. As our range is so vast from many different suppliers, it is difficult to give an estimated delivery time for non stock items. When viewing the goods however, we do give an estimated lead time. If any goods are not available at the time of receiving your order you will be notified immediately and no transaction will take place for that item.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998) and according to the Which? Web Trader Code of Conduct. We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. We will not e-mail you in the future unless you instruct us otherwise & we will not pass your e-mail address to anyone. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law and the Which? Web Trader Code.
Methods of Payment
We accept all major credit cards except Electron & American Express.
Credit Card Security
This website is secured by SSL. We are unaware of any cases of credit card fraud occurring whilst using our shopping systems. For payment by credit card the delivery address must be the same as the card holder's address.
Cancellation & Returns
If you wish to cancel your order, please read this procedure carefully.
1. In accordance with the UK Regulations, The Consumer Protection (Distant Selling) Regulations 2000 ("The Buyer's right to cancel"), the Buyer has the right of cancellation within 7 days except where a Product is tailored to customer requirements and without fault.
2. To exercise the Buyer's right of cancellation, the Buyer must give written notice to the Seller by letter or e-mail giving details of the Products ordered and (where appropriate) their delivery. Notification by phone is not sufficient.
3. Once the Seller has been notified of the cancelling of the Contract, the Seller will refund or re-credit the Buyer within 30 days for any sum that has been paid or debited from the Buyer's credit card for the Products. This refund will be subject to a 2.5% surcharge, the cost of the credit/debit card transaction charged to the Seller by the Seller's payment processor. This charge has been built into the Price of the Products.
4. If the Buyer does not cancel the Contract in accordance with point 1 and 2, the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods (except any manufacturing faults) and will not be liable to return the Goods to the Seller.
5. If the Seller has delivered the Products to the Buyer but the Buyer wants to cancel the Contract, as prescribed in clauses 1 and 2, the Buyer must retain possession of the Goods until the cancellation notice has been sent to the Seller within the relevant time limit. The Products can not be used. The Buyer will be responsible for returning the Products to the Supplier at the Buyer's own cost. The Products must be returned to the address Sellers warehouse at the address below. The Buyer must take reasonable care to ensure that the Products are not damaged in the meantime or in transit and return them in the packaging and condition they were delivered to the Buyer. Alternatively, the Seller, under the authority of the Buyer will organise for the goods to be collected on a mutually convenient date. In this case, the Buyer will be re-credited with a full refund minus the exact cost of collecting the Products. This refund will take place within 7 days of the Products being delivered back to the Seller's warehouse.
If your goods have been delivered and are defective or damaged, please read this procedure carefully.
1. The Buyer must provide written notice of the defect or damage within 7 days of the Buyer receiving the Product(s) from the Seller. The written notice must be in the form of an e-mail and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org In the email, the Buyer must include the following details;
Order Identification Number
Problem(s) with Goods
Proposed Solution (i.e) Missing Parts Required
2. The Buyer must not use the defected goods unless instructed in writing by the Seller to do so.
3. The Seller will contact the Buyer within 2 working days to discuss the problems and provide a solution
to rectify the situation.
4. The seller will not be liable to replace any products should they fall under the following categories:
The Buyer makes further use of such Products without the Seller's consent after notifying the Seller of the defect/damage.
The defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, misuse, abnormal working conditions or failure to follow our oral or written instructions as to the storage of use of the Products.
The Buyer alters or repairs such Products without our written consent; or
The Buyer has not paid the Contract price for the Products by the Payment date.
5. Providing the Buyer does not fall within any of these categories, the Seller reserves the right to either;
Repair or replace such Products (or the defective part) free of charge; or
Refund the price of such Products (or a proportionate part of the price) provided that
the Buyer allows for the Seller to collect the Products or the part of the Products that
are defective. This refund will not be subjected to the 2.5% credit/debit card
6. Should replacement Parts be requested by the Buyer, the time in which the replacement parts can be
delivered to the Buyer will depend on the lead time stated by the relevant manufacturers. The Seller
will relay this information to the Buyer but will take no responsibility should this time be longer.
7. Should a refund be offered to the Buyer, the money will be re-credited back onto the same credit/debit
card the Buyer used to make the original purchase. This will be done within 7 days of the Seller
receiving the goods back into their warehouse.
After Sales can be made via any of the contact methods mentioned in the correspondence section below, and we will endeavour to respond to after sales within five working days, whereupon we will provide a likely time-scale to resolve the situation. All after sales will be dealt with as a matter of priority.
All correspondence should be directed to Deans Furnishers Ltd, 2 Star Street, Ware, Hertfordshire, Sg12 7AA. Telephone enquiries will be taken at 01920 468887/487757, and e-mail: email@example.com
All Stompa orders will be subjected to a £40 carriage charge implemented by Stompa themselves - Please accept our apologies.
Some points that will speed up your order: We verify all orders against current voters list, so if you have moved in the last 3 years please advise previous address by e-mail. We check all details with your card provider; please ensure "Invoice" address is as supplied to your card provider. If you have moved within the last three months please ensure your card provider has your correct Address details. We use Land Line telephone numbers as added security checks; please ensure you supply this as well as MOBILE.
Please note that for your Security; we do not dispatch goods to addresses that have no Land line Telephone Number without getting verification that the addressee lives there.
Please Note: We reserve the right to change specifications without prior notification’.
Additional: Headboards pictured on the beds in the divan section of the website are
purely for display purposes